The novel angio-based functional lesion assessment: wire and adenosine free
The vFFR workflow builds a 3D reconstruction of coronary artery and assesses pressure drop, resulting in a vFFR value. Furthermore, the 3D reconstruction enables assessment of severity and percentage of stenosis.
Functional lesion information
- Pressure drops in coronary artery
- vFFR value
Anatomical lesion information
- Lesion diameter
- Percentage stenosis
- Reference diameter
- Obstruction length
- vFFR is subject of two multi-center randomized clinical trials investigating the effectiveness of vFFR guided revascularization vs FFR guided revascularization in over 4000 patients:
- The FASTIII trial is led by Dr. Joost Daemen (Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands) , investigator initiated and sponsored by the European Cardiovascular Research Institute (ECRI). All study details can be found here: https://www.ecri-trials.com/studies/fast-iii/
- The LIPSIA STRATEGY trial is led by Prof. Holger Thiele (Herzzentrum Leipzig) and investigator initiated. More information can be found here: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03497637
- vFFR is and has been subject to multiple single and multi-center trials investigating diagnostic accuracy to predict FFR ≤ 0.8, accuracy in post-PCI setting and accuracy related to IVUS, OCT, NHPR. A full overview can be found here.